1. I don't like to wear shoes.
2. I worked on a fishing boat in Alaska.
3. I have 3 tattoos.
4. I love cheese. I have a drawer in my fridge devoted completely to cheese.
5. I don't like to wear socks.
6. I like to put ketchup on my mac & cheese.
7. While in Paris I DIDN'T go up the Eiffel Tower. (I ran out of money.) I came back from France with $0.40 left to my name.
8. I don't really care for fruit. Apples are about all I like and don't even get me started on bananas...
9. I am the oldest of seven kids.
10. I kissed Colonel Sanders (of KFC).
11. I hate the way Colonel is spelled.
12. I once went a year without shaving my legs. I still hate shaving my legs.
13. I got braces when I was 27 years old. I now love my smile.
14. I am a night owl. I get my best work done between 11pm-2am.
15. Thus I have 5 alarms go off to get me out of bed in the morning. And I still manage to hit the snooze at least 3 times.
16. I had a bad perm for quite a while when I was in elementary school.
17. I made the mistake of taking an 8am class my freshman year of college. What a joke. And it was called Environmental Geology. What an even bigger joke. Biggest joke of all? The professor looked like Papa Smurf.
18. I like to pick my split ends.
19. I have 5 blankets on my bed (not including the sheets). One of them is a down comforter. I still manage to be cold when I sleep. For this I have two rice bags at my feet to keep me warm enough.
20. I love my children. Even more when they are asleep.
21. I live in the house that my mother grew up in. My children have the same bedroom my mother did. I spent my first days in this house. My grandparents spent their last days in this house. I was born two blocks from this house, as well as two brothers, a sister and one of my children. This house is special to me. I love it.
22. I have an order to daily cleaning of my house that MUST BE FOLLOWED. I absolutely can not do it out of order. Tidy up living room, tidy up bathroom, make bed, then tidy up bedroom. Then tackle the kitchen starting with the kitchen table, then counters, then dishes.
23. I speak French.
24. I like the colors blue & green the best. But any rich hued color appeals to me.
25. I love Cream of Wheat.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1. I don't like to wear shoes.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Last week was a rough week. I have been having bad, ongoing headaches. I was amazed I was even able to make it through the week. The headaches have been almost non-stop for almost two weeks now. I'm attributing it to a new medication that is supposed to help with the ringing in my ears. I'm off of the medication now, so we'll see if it makes a difference. This weekend the headaches kicked into full gear and I was wholly miserable. At church on Sunday I managed to make it through the first two hours alright, but when Sacrament meeting started, the combo of the microphone, the organ and the horrible lights just made me have to leave. Immediately. The headache had morphed into a migraine. Now I have had exactly one migraine in my life. It was the kind to make you ask for your life to be mercifully ended quickly. This one was not as bad. Not even close to what my dear friend Prone deals with either. Still bad though. I spent most of Sunday in my bedroom with the drapes drawn and the lights off. So I beg your mercy and hope you haven't given up on me.