CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Blueberry French Toast


Oh yum. This is one of my favorites. Ever. And it is easy to make. One of the best things about this recipe is that it is prepared the night before. No work required in the morning other than popping it in the oven. Which is ideal for me because I am NOT a morning person. Another great thing about this french toast is that it doesn't require syrup. I don't need to explain why this makes me happy if you have ever seen Little Miss P eat. If not, just guess.
2 1/2 cups whole milk
8 eggs
1 t. vanilla
unsliced day old bread (I used bread that is slightly larger than a baguette, but I have made it before with larger bread. It really doesn't matter.)
brown sugar
cinnamon & nutmeg to taste
BLUEBERRIES!
Grease pan. Slice bread 1-1 1/2 inches thick and place in pan. Mix milk, eggs and vanilla together and pour over the bread. Sprinkle nutmeg & cinnamon on top of each slice and then cover with about 1/4 inch of brown sugar. Put blueberries on top, cover it and put it in the fridge overnight. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

4 comments:

Dan said...

THAT looks really good!

The LDS Blogosipher said...

I'm hungry....

Josh Jackson
LDS Blogosipher & Fitness Buff
www.ldsmissionaryfitness.com

Ice Cream said...

Looks good. But I have to ask, does this come out more like a custardy bread pudding? Last time I did an overnight french bread recipe it did.

Deanna said...

This looks so good! And I love your blogspot. I am the author of the Worldwide Ward Cookbook and I am working on the next edition. I would love to include you in this next book. Please will you go to www.worldwidewardcookbook.blogspot.com and send me a recipe?