CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ketchikan

Yet another Alaska story. This is the week for them I guess. While in Alaska, I also had the opportunity to work in Ketchikan for a short while at another fish processing plant. It was the first time I ever worked at one in a city and it was awesome. I had only been married for a few months and it was a honeymoon of sorts for us. We were transferred there after the end of the season at another cannery. When we arrived in Ketchikan it was the end of the cruise ship season, shops were still open and the weather was still fairly decent. We very rarely had to work, so we had plenty of time to explore. Our place was above a mini-mart that sold "Chester-Fried Chicken". We could hear the timer go off occasionally and then a waft of oil & fried chicken. Good times.


So, I was reading Newsweek. I love Newsweek. Especially "My Turn". It usually has quite interesting essays. Here is the link to the essay that I was reading.


It was about the "Bridge to Nowwhere". This proposed bridge was for the city of Ketchikan. The city really is only a few blocks wide in some areas, it is...odd. You can only get to Ketchikan by boat or plane. There are no roads in or out of town. This town really could use that bridge, it literally has nowhere to grow (go). I know what some of you are thinking. We just got through with the elections....please no more politics....STOP & DESIST NOW!

Guess what? I'm not. I just thought the essay brought to light the other side of the argument. Things are rarely black and white. Especially Ketchikan. It is mostly gray. I think the Cullens would like it there.

5 comments:

Diana said...

where is the link? Am i just dumb and can't find it? I'm interested in reading this article.

32 Flavors said...

For some reason it doesn't show on the page. Help anyone? If you wave the pointer over "here", the link line shows up.

SM said...

hi
nice blog.like it ty for sharing experience

see u later
mit

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

SM said...

hi
this is linke i can see it

http://www.newsweek.com/id/165478?GT1=43001

In article Where you see HERE ,YOU CAN CLICK IT and you will get the link

hope it works for you

see u later
mit

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

An Ordinary Mom said...

It's always nice to hear the other side of the story :) !!