Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Me and my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

First, I need to apologize for my harsh language the other day. I was having a really bad day. And I couldn't wear my jammies to make me feel even a little bit better. They were in the wash.

The day started off fine, I went to another doctor's appointment. Doctor number five to be precise. The doctor that two other doctors referred me too. The doctor that took me FOREVER to get an appointment with. But that is another story. I was excited to go see this doctor because he was a SPECIALIST'S SPECIALIST. Basically, he only dealt with problems similar to mine and a few other things. I didn't get my hopes up too high, but I was trying to be optimistic. After all he was a SPECIALIST'S SPECIALIST. (I promise I won't say it again in caps.)

So I get there, tell my story for what must have been the umpteenth time to an M.A. (Umpteenth is a number, just go look it up if you don't believe me.) Then I get to tell it again to the doctor. Redundant. Why did I tell the M.A. in the first place? But I have asked this question too many times to let it bother me yet again. So we are doing the doctor/patient thing and he's talking about all these tests he is going to do, tricks he has up his sleeves, blah, blah, blah...then he says the magic words, I'd like to do an MRI first.


I've already had an MRI. Did they miss something? Is there something else he wants them to check out?


My stupid doctor's office DIDN'T transfer my records over.


Especially when it was the DOCTOR that told me she would have my records sent over to the new doctor. The buck stops with you lady and this is not a good sign of how you run your practice. You suck. (I'm reverting to grade-school insults.)

Did I mention how long it took me to get in to see this guy?

So, I'm trying hard to keep my cool and not explode all over this doctor. Like the Incredible Hulk. And I try to esplain (I'm leaving this typo in) to him my frustration about what a waste of time (and money) it was to come see him today, calmly. He offers a few apologies about "Medical practice red-tape, negligence, blah, blah, blah." Whatever.

It's just my life. NO big deal. I can hold on and wait for another few days. Wait, that is what this whole process has been, I can just hold on for another few days while I wait YET AGAIN because of some mistake or oversight. ARGH. Don't think that I am being irrational here. I understand it takes time to get in to see a doctor, to get test results back, answer phone messages etc, etc, etc. But the mistakes have just happened too many times over the last few months. The only way I get through each day and hold onto my sanity is based on when the next doctor's appointment is, when the lab work results come back, anticipating a phone call etc. It's like my own little Advent calender in my head. 6 days to go, pop another chocolate in my mouth, go to bed.

Did I mention they are weening me off of the medication that makes me feel better? It's only a "short-term" medication. It doesn't "solve the problem", it only "masks" it. Whatever, I felt a whole lot better on it than I do today.

So that threw my whole day into a downward spiral. I went straight to Krispy Kreme, bought some doughnuts (no numbers needed) and ate them. Then I laid on the couch and slept.

The one thing I forgot about was that a few weeks prior my husband had paid for me to get a massage. And it was that night. Let me tell you, that hour made all the difference and washed away the whole day's worth of garbage. I felt soooo good afterwards. And I came home to clean jammies.

Lessons learned: must get a massage every day. Need to buy back-up pair of jammies.

P.S. Sorry for all the cap usage. I'll do better next time.


The Soptich clan said...

Lady, I'm dry heaving for you. That really sucks that you have met almost the entire staff of NW Hospital. But I'm glad that you know that the cure for a bad day is Krispy Kreme and PJs. And I think we should all stop paying money to the missionary fund, and make a new box that says "massages for Jen." I'll bring it up at church or something :) Hope you're feeling better!

Maggie said...

hheheh im soo sorry jen, but your "little blog was hilarious! basically cause i could hear your tone and throughout the whole thing! it was great, but unfortunately im super sorry to hear about your idioic (sp) nurses. but im also glad that you told me about your little blog session going on! its great! hey uoi and the fam MUST come over for my open house/show in a few weeks okie dokie. pretty much everythnig is done but finding the date and time, and im meeting with my womens group on th 19th to get more info from them. but now that i turned this into a message and not a comment ok love ya! ohh BTW wave cable is fixin my tele cause we got some bad reception! isn't suppossed to be the other way around?

An Ordinary Mom said...

No need to apologize. I would have been fuming mad if I were in your position. I am just glad that the massage, KK's and your PJ's helped you feel better.

Hmm ... a massage ... I think I need to get myself one of those.

So now what do you do? Wait some more? Did he have anything else to say?