CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Guess What I Am Wearing Right Now?

Yep, my new pyjamas. They definitely don't qualify as new now. But here's the best part. Do you know why I'm wearing them? Because I have found someone to CARPOOL with. I know, I'll give you a minute to you settle down. I am ecstatic too.

I have been bound and determined this year to find carpool, especially because I am not well. Driving to school isn't my favorite thing, but I'll do it if I have to. It also hasn't helped that I don't like driving right now. I'll do it, but then I need a two-hour nap afterwards. So I found out through a friend (of a friend of a friend) that there was a women who had a daughter going into 1st grade just like R. But she only knew the daughter's first name and that they lived fairly close to us.

Side note: We have shipped R off to another school district because we just liked the other school district better.

So back to my super-sleuthing. I was bound and determined to find this child. So I got out R's yearbook, found this girl, found out what class she was in, and watched day in, day out for her when school let out(I wasn't stalking). Unfortunately, her school picture wasn't that great, so I wasn't sure what she really looked like. Then one day it happened. Just by chance, she happened to be walking down the hall with her lunch box and HER NAME was written on the lunch box! (She looked nothing like her picture) Oh joy! I had found her. So the next day I waited around, followed her (I wasn't stalking, I was determined), and met her mom. She had a car big enough to fit not just R but P as well (I know that is next year, but a girl has to have something to look forward to). The rest is history.

The blessings continue. I have a friend at P's preschool who is willing to bring P home for me while I am convalescing.

Grand total: So now instead of ten trips to R's school each week, I only have to make five. P's school? Three less trips. I went from thirteen trips a week to five trips a week. But who's counting?

More jammie time for me!

2 comments:

Lefty said...

Sounds like stalking to me.

suzi said...

So my jammies and I are BFF!!!! I need another pair...any chance you can pick up some for me? I would like one medium and two large....yes, I am serious!!!!!!!!!!!!