CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary....

Mary Mary quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and rusted nails
And pretty maids all in a row.



Check out my bumper crop of rusted nails! I'm not sure whether
I should can them or make a pie. I'm open to suggestions.


I do really like to garden, but sometimes I am so perplexed by the randomness of it all. Such as my inability to grow zucchini, but to have such gorgeous dahlias.

But seriously, I have no idea how these nails got into my garden in the first place! This is not the first year I have had a vegetable garden, and I have spent hour after hour on my knees weeding, so how come I am finding them now?? Do they drop from the sky? Are they a gift from the squirrels? SERIOUSLY. My grandfather was the person that built my vegetable garden and I know he wasn't THAT crazy. He was an amazing gardener and had "The Knack". That, and the time.

I have neither. But I try.


8 comments:

chandan singh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
riya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hajar Alwi said...

Totally can comprehend the whole gardening thing. :)

Calley said...

Make them into a cobbler, that's what I say. At least your dahlias are pretty!

Hope said...

Oh my goodness! Those flowers are beautiful, and huge! Rachel is getting so big, I remember when you came over and I cut her roses from the garden. I happy to see that she still loves flowers.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Those flowers are BEAUTIFUL! Maybe they sucked all the nutrients away from the zucchini.

One of these days when we have a house I want to learn to garden. My dad is amazing at it. I am afraid my thumb won't be so green.

RORYJEAN said...

Wow! I LOVE dahlias, and what a great picture of Rachel!